REPLY

Monday, August 9, 2021

Joseph Smith Log Cabin.


I literally grew up in a house this size except it was one story with three rooms. Our shower & bathroom we’re outside. I never complained of our living conditions as a child but as I grew older in my teens was embarrassed to show my friends where I lived. Eventually I learned not to care and to appreciate the fact that I at least had a roof over my head. 


I’m always in awe when I come to Palmyra and see the little house Joseph Smith grew up in. As I walk in I am reminded of the necessities we need. And we never need a lot. Just enough to make our house a home. A bed, clothes, blankets, kitchen with simple gadgets to cook meals with. 

I’m grateful for the house we have now and that it’s not gigantic, but roomy enough to fit my family and the things we need. 

And to have a yard is pretty dreamy. It helps put our kids to work and to get their hands dirty, and keep up with the yard and garden. This is how we grow up & learn and to be humble and thankful in appreciating all that we have. 

Because Joseph Smith & his family did just that. 






No comments:

Post a Comment