REPLY

Friday, June 3, 2011

Our True Colors



For those of you who visit my blog (which I appreciate by the way), know how much I ADORE my children. They are mostly what I write about...my harmonious combination. They each teach me different things in life. They each help me become a better mother. They remind me about forgiving and unconditional love. They are five years apart and yet they get along so well. Having them five years apart has been a huge blessing in my life. They have me running around in different directions. Sometimes it's not easy, but I've learned to balance my life in all areas of their needs without getting overwhelmed. I never thought that I would have four children...let alone a son. My childhood was rough and tough, and to be honest with you I didn't think I would have the desire to have anymore children after Sierra. I am so glad I did, and with this age gap. I honestly cannot imagine it any other way. There are days where I wish I could turn back time in between those five year age gaps and have at least two more children, but it wasn't meant to be. We didn't plan any of my pregnancies. It just happened that way. I became a member of a church that encouraged us to multiply and replenish the earth, but that didn't mean that I was going to start popping out all these kids. I now have four children, and I will forever be grateful to my Heavenly Father in allowing for my desire to have changed into having more than one child.

Just to make it clear to y'all...we are not perfect, and there are times when our life can become chaotic. I don't want to come off on my posts as if we are this picture perfect family! We are far from it!! I am Latina, therefore my blood gets boiled when I see the harmonious combination become in disharmony. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does there are always enough hugs, kisses, and apologies to pass around at the end of the day.

I LOVE BEING MARRIED.

Having a husband who is an industrious worker with a spirit that can light up a room.  He is a wonderful father and is the master of harmony. I'm usually the one who gets upset over petty things, hence showing my true colors. I find that I have gotten so much better throughout the years of motherhood with my patience, but that tiger mom tends to come out every now and then! I appreciate my Jon's patience, and help & all that he does for me and the kids.



I LOVE BEING A MOM!

I'll be turning the big 40 this year, but I have a young heart and feel as if I can accomplish anything. At times I get tired, and I have my days of struggle and frustration. I love being a member of a church that teaches me the things that I wasn't taught growing up. I have learned to be strong, and to take on any kind of trial whether great or small with a smile. I take the covenants that I made at baptism, and in the temple very seriously. I try so hard to be a kind and loving person. Jon and these kiddos help me through the hardest of times, and uplift me more than you know.

^^^ The Harmonious Combination ^^^

Sierra is my oldest. She is 16, and is my rock and my motivator. Sometimes I feel as if she birthed me!! She has her plate full with school. She wakes up at 4:45 every day to attend early morning seminary. She is involved in many extracurricular activities at school. She is very active with the youth group at our church. She loves to sing and playing the piano. She's been taking lessons for ten years. I'd say she is an excellent pianist. She'll be a junior next year and is already looking at colleges. She is ambitious and has goals. No matter how tired she gets, she is always there for me to talk to.

Remember that she's a teenager, and like all teens have their moments as their coming of age, but overall is a great kid!

Lexie and Chelsea were both born on January 15th, (different years of course), and love celebrating their birthdays together. They buoy me up in different ways. Alexandra is my little domestic house child, and my little helper with Noah. Chelsea is my sassy six year old, and luckily I had her at the time I did. I'm not sure if she would have survived if I birthed her first with that sassy attitude of hers! Of course, I'm only kidding. You can't have them all the same. She is a sweetheart though. These two girls are a lot like their older sister in many ways. They have a big heart, and know of the things to do that are important at a young age to keep peace, and love in the family.
Noah is the center of attention no matter where we go, and he is always being fought over by his sisters. He truly belongs in our family, and I cannot imagine my life without him. He is with me 24 hours a day, seven days a week.  He keeps me on my toes, and is a strength to me in yearning to become a better servant of the Lord, and mother.
I may sound like I'm too hard on myself, and want to be perfected in every way, but that's what happens when you discover this in your life, and you know that it is true; and know that it is the only thing that will help you lead a strong and happy life. I just want to do, and be the best that I can in this world as a human being. I know I'll never achieve perfection in this life, but I know that if I do my best we can have more joy than disharmony in our lives.

Joining the world of blogging has really helped me in a lot of ways. I wish I would have known about "blogging" years ago. I know this is an easy way to keep up with my family and friends whom I've met throughout the years. I hope that as you read this, I can somehow put a little bit of sunshine in your souls. I LOVE to write, and let everyone out there know our true colors as a family. I pray many blessings upon each and every one of you, and hope that you'll always have the spirit of harmony in your lives.

*To read something that I value and helps me to be a better mother, read this. I know it can help us all. I can even send you a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment