Summer is flying by so fast and yet I still feel the need to do as much as I can before summers end. Thing is it’s okay if we don’t. I want to cherish all the memories I make with my only kid left in our nest but I also feel the need to slow down. We recently traveled to Canada for the first time since living on this side of the coast and it was so much fun. I find it hard to believe that Montreal and Quebec are part of North America. I felt as if I was in a totally different country far far way like Europe (not that I’ve ever been) but the fact that Montreal is less than an hour away from the border of New York is unreal. I’m so glad we went and that we had this time together. The three of us. Noah also used his French skills. He’s been taking it since 7th grade and has enjoyed learning it-until now! Since he only needs two years of a foreign language in high school he’s decided to forego taking a language and move on to other extracurriculars. Still can't believe he'll be a junior in high school hence taking all these trips with him because if you think about it, I only have one more major summer with this kid before he graduates! Maybe two after graduation!
We spent most of our days walking the streets of Old Quebec and everything was so charming and quaint. Lots of shops and restaurants. We found a great pizza place about seven minutes away and I captured the heck out of Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac. I took quite a few photos and had so much fun capturing a lot of this historical city!
Every trip I go on I always buy postcards and mailed out quite a few. Writing is therapeutic and sending snail mail is my favorite way of telling someone I love you!
Quebec city sure was dreamy and we will definitely be returning during the holidays!



No comments:
Post a Comment