REPLY

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Goodbye South Jersey.

Well, after eight years of living in our little cape code home the time has come to say goodbye to Blackwood. I know some of you may be wondering why I'm making such a big deal about our move when it'll only be an hour away. Well...it's a pretty big deal to me because south jersey is the longest area my family and I have ever lived in since being married so kudos to us for having some stability in an area longer than three years! 

Stability when it came to two of my children attending the same middle schools. One child finishing her entire elementary school years at the same school since pre-school, and one daughter accomplishing all four years of high school and becoming an official alumni! 

Stability when it came to living in the same house, having the same job, (until a lay off occurred and a new job came along), the same church congregation, so to us that's a very big deal! 

Change is good, and the timing couldn't have been more perfect. Relocating truly is what we needed at this time in our life. Heavenly Father knows what's best for our families and he allows opportunities to happen. Opportunities that will help us grow if we give it our all, and put our mind to it. More opportunity to make things happen if we look towards it with a positive attitude. Not only for us, but to whomever comes our way. We have moved so much throughout our married life, but the fact that this was the longest place we've lived in, and that we are doing this in our 40's as opposed to our 20's or 30's can be a bit overwhelming. 

Because...age!!!! 

Although I love change, it can be a bit nerve-wracking. Luckily I didn't accumulate too much stuff while living in our small cape cod home of eight years. I know some of us can accumulate things, and become hoarders of our favorite things, but that's so not me. I believe in simplicity, and just having the things that are the necessities of life. 

I love meeting new people, and the fact that we have an LDS church no matter where we've moved makes the transition so much easier, and because of that I'm forever grateful. I love making new friends, and looking forward to what's in store for me, and our family.  Luckily for me I like surprises, and that the love I have for individuals who are in need of a friend runs pretty deep. Because we can always use new friends. It truly is a small world when it comes to the church as I have met so many whom we have mutual friends with. It's crazy, but yeah...it's happened. All the way from Jersey! It's pretty cool how that happens. Anyway, we are so looking forward to making our new house a home, and being in central jersey where we are surrounded by the arts in Princeton, and of course, even closer to New York City will give us a many opportunity to expand our knowledge towards the things we appreciate the most such as music, and the arts. 

And the fact that we'll be living in between two temples is a bonus. I love attending the Manhattan temple, but going to the Philadelphia temple once it's built will be a dream come true for all the mormons in south Jersey! 

So I say good-bye to Blackwood in south jersey. Although you gave us many challenges, we will never forget them. They only made us stronger, and for that we will forever be grateful! 

Oh, but the sweet memories too! Those are the ones that held us together through the hard times, and helped us find joy in this journey we call life! 





No comments:

Post a Comment