REPLY

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Christmas Lights At Dyker Heights in Brooklyn.

If you enjoy seeing christmas lights as a family tradition during the holidays, and are ever in the new york area you gotta see the Christmas lights at Dyker Heights. After we took Noah to see Peter and the Wolf we drove over to see the lights Brooklyn style. I have heard of this phenomenon over the years, and this year decided to see them up, close, and personal for the first time.
I cannot believe how many lights this neighborhood has! Some of them were over the top, and gaudy. And some were tasteful, simple, and absolutely beautiful. Although it was like 25 degrees we got lucky to have found a parking spot close by, and walked around the entire neighborhood. It's worth the drive, (or train ride), and the time to see all the pretty lights. Noah was mesmerized by every house that had a nutcracker on display. Nutcrackers have become a favorite for him, and thinks they are the coolest thing ever. He even told me that night that he wants to see the nutcracker. Too bad he wasn't born when his sister was in it ten years ago! He definitely would have loved seeing her in dance in that one! 
As were walking around i was  being very selective in which photos to capture. There were just too many lights, but Noah insisted i take pictures of every house that had a nutcracker on display. I obliged to his small command, but only posted my favorites, and then some. 

Here they are...









I loved every moment of this day. Although I love going places with my whole family it's important to have that special one on one time with my children. 

And what a special day, and evening this was with our boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment