REPLY

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Date Day With Chelsea & Why One On One Time Is Important.

One of the most important things that I have learned as a mother especially now that I'm getting up there in age is how one on one time with each of my daughters is so important. I wish I would have done these dates more often with my oldest, but knowing now why it is so beneficial to their lives that I put some time aside for my girls individually has made them open up to me even more. They are willing to talk to me about any issue, or concern they may be having.
Whether it's talking about their days at school, a boy, or  just their normal day to day. I have seen the results that come from this, and I find that the more I take them out on on my own the more mature, and loved they feel. I love how they can tell me anything, and seeing how happy they look when it's just us puts a huge smile on my face. I love all my children, and hope that as they get older that these dates never end. That I will never find an excuse why we cannot go out. Mother and daughter dates don't have to be expensive in order for your child to appreciate you. Even it's something as simple as going for a walk in the park, or just sitting outside on a warm summer day when the younger kids are out playing with neighborhood friends. There are even times when a car drive, or running errands with one of my kids can somewhat count as one on one time. You just have to ask them questions, and strike up conversation first, and then they will spill all their dirty laundry to ya! 

One on one time is so important especially in this day, and age with all that is going on in the world. I am their mother, and leader, and hope that they follow my example, and that my example will be good enough for them to know that mother knows best! 

I really have enjoyed my one on one time with Chelsea recently. Ever since she got her braces, it seems that her orthodontist appointments have somewhat turned into mother and daughter dates, and I have been loving them! She had an appointment this past week, and since it's hard to have so much time with my girls, and Noah due to school days, it's nice to pull them out for this purpose so we can go out, and have some one on one time. For those of you who wear braces know how much it hurts when they get tightened and so the only thing Chelsea can eat afterwards is soup. I took her to one of our favorite restaurants and while i ordered tacos she ordered tortilla soup. It's times like these where I treasure every moment because these are the moments I will not get back. Time flies by way too fast with age, and so from here on out I will be making the best of my time to take out all of my kids individually! 

No comments:

Post a Comment