REPLY

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

For Manhattan - FAO Schwarz.

There are many places, and cities in which I am grateful for, but there is a unique, palpable energy in Manhattan that no other city has. A million cultures rolled into one amazing city, and a ton of different things to do, and see. Maybe I'm being bias because I live an hour away from here, but the times we go we never want to leave. It's energetic, and I feel like the energizer bunny from all the walking we do when we come here. 

The energy in the city is indeed magical, and I love coming here especially during the holidays. New York definitely shows off Christmas to every person who visits here! It may be a hustling, and bustling city, but the more you go, the less that even matters, and eventually you get used to it. It is one of my all time favorite cities on earth, and I am so grateful to live so close! 
Last weekend was the grand re-opening of FAO Schwarz, and when I read about online I immediately told Jon that we have to take the kids. They were so excited! They don't remember the old FAO Schwarz store too much because they were little. All Chelsea remembers is the piano, and the time we went to the American Girl store. Those are the only two things she remembers about the city. Totally brought back memories for the both us! 

The line wasn't as bad as I thought it was. It flowed quickly, and while waiting this lovely soldier wanted to take a picture with Noah. She loved everything about his wardrobe, his smile, and mentioned how cute he was, and I took the picture! For once I didn't ask someone if the kids can take a pic with them! 
This FAO Schwarz is a lot smaller than the other store, but still worth seeing, and shopping at. 
 Noah was thrilled when he came upon the transformer and lego section...
After walking blocks and blocks all over the city we stopped for some white chocolate, and captured a few more photos! 
CHELSEA loves the fact that I named her after a borough in New York when we first moved to the east, and Noah loves it when we call him NOAH YORK. It suits them perfectly! City kids at heart for sure!
I really hope they don't close this store down. It truly is a magical place for kids, and seeing my kids smiling the entire time made me happy! We love New York! 

No comments:

Post a Comment