REPLY

Friday, May 27, 2022

A Roller Skating Rink, Dirty Laundry & An Art Piece At Rockefeller Center!

There is always something going on at the Rockefeller center. A new art piece or installation. And for this spring all the way into early fall there will be a roller skating rink in place of a lawn or ice skating rink. Pretty cool and when we went it took me back to the 70's when I actually owned a pair of roller skates and skated for hours! Noah thought it was better than an ice rink. He isn't a great ice skater and prefers roller skates so yeah. We didn't get to skate on this day because we were pressed for time but we did walk around for a bit and stood for while to watch people boogie on the rink. You can see a reel of the art piece here and a snippet of the roller rink here on my TikTok.

There was also an art installation called "Dirty Laundry" hanging all around the center and that was.... different. 

Oh, and Christie's recently had their yearly auction and this amazing exhibit called "Loving Architecture" was auctioned. This sculpture captures the facade of the iconic Casa Batllo in Barcelona, Spain. An exhibit I would love to see once I make it to Spain! We were so mesmerized by this that we stood in front of it watching it for about half an hour taking in the rare beauty of all the different designs. Such creativity and it was the coolest work of art I've ever seen. 

Noah and I always have such a fun time in the city. Love exploring one of my favorite cities with this little buddy of mine!  

No comments:

Post a Comment