REPLY

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

memorial day on the shore.

I love Memorial day. It is the intro to my summer, and another renewal to my soul. It gets me in the mood to put all our summer wear, beach wear, and gear in a place that is easy to get to. Even though we didn't put our swimsuits on this Memorial day it was fun to have ventured out to one of my favorite places, and see my kids having a pretty good time. 

Just see for yourself. :-)

After Sierra came home from the parade in Philly we spontaneously drove to Belmar to go to the beach. Jon had to work so it was just the five of us. He hadn't worked in past Memorial Days, but he wasn't lucky this year. That's what happens when you work retail sales. Sometimes you just have to work on those holidays.

I have to say that Spring Lake is one of my favorite beaches on the Jersey shore. Call me sentimental, but ever since hurricane Sandy demolished this area I've grown to love this part of the shore even more. The 75 minute drive is worth it, and I will come here every week if I can this summer.

These girls must love me because they hung out with me all day. What teenagers hang out with their moms all day? I'm sure there are some out there that do, but I feel so blessed knowing that they wanted to hang with me, and their two younger siblings all day.
Then again we were going to the beach.

The beach wasn't as packed as I thought it would be. The weather was a bit chilly, but not chilly enough to walk on the boardwalk, and have a little fun in the sun.
These two are seriously best friends, and I love that. I mean they both have their own friends at school & church, but if you were living with us 24/7 they are beautiful to look at. How they treat each other, and how they look up to one another. They are five years apart, yet act as if they're twins. 

They were having too much fun trying to give each other piggy back rides walking on the sand. Didn't look like an easy task. Too bad i didn't vine it! 


They tease each other yet don't get into any fights...ever! It's funny because Sierra looks up to Alexandra a lot. You'd think it be the other way around because Sierra is the oldest. Nonetheless I love having two teenagers in the home who are not catty with one another, and truly strive to live a cheerful, and honest life. 

This one is a different story...
Just joshing. She's sassy, but a joy to have. She's teaching me more on being patient, and on calming my nerves. Yep...she's a child of work, and I don't mind. She's strengthens me by not giving up on mothering. She makes me grateful for the passage of time because I 'kind of' do look forward to her growing up...kind of.

It'll be interesting how well she'll succeed in life with her spunky personality, and who she is to become in ten years. With this one...I'm trying not to mourn too much on her growth. She sure knows how to make a day at the beach fun!

I cannot even begin to tell you how excited Noah was when he saw the playground with a pirate ship. They restored it, and Noah and Chelsea were going a little too crazy here. Noah can go down the slides, and be here all day long. His favorite part was being barefoot, and landing in sand as he slid down. I wish I could freeze frame this moment. 

With this little guy...I don't want him to grow up! Ever!
I really didn't want to go home, but Jon was getting off soon, and we needed to get going. It was such a beautiful day out, and had Jon been with us we probably would have been home pretty late...like one in the morning late.  

Oh the life on the beach...it doesn't get any better than this. Eating fried oreos is our favorite part of coming here. It's a good thing we only eat them during the summer because our hips would be in trouble if we ate them all the time! 
I loved every minute of today. Spending it with these great kids of mine was so much fun. I love them to death, and I can give Noah kisses all day long. 
No matter how tough life can get for me...Life is pretty darn good. 

And it was pretty darn good today. 

**God bless the troops that continue to serve our country, and how thankful I am to those who have lost their lives in fighting for our freedom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment