REPLY

Friday, October 7, 2016

The Nursery.

As I entered into a room filled with colorful artwork on the walls, and opened up a closet filled with books, puzzles, playdough, and a basket full of toys brought back so many memories of the time I last had a calling in the nursery. That was 10 years ago! Chelsea was almost two when I was her nursery leader, and my how times have changed! One thing that I have realized since those days is that my patience with other peoples kids has definitely improved! In all honesty I didn't care about tending other peoples kids when my oldest was born. Maybe that's why I always had a calling in primary when I first joined the church!

The Lord knew what I needed to learn, and guided me to a place where I would prepare myself in having my own kids so that I can develop an unconditional love for other people's children. I know that with experiences and time, and having different callings in the church for the past 23 years has made me the person I am today. I learned to be patient, and tolerant with all people no matter how old they are! Though far from perfect I know that I can at least offer my love, and assistance in making these sweet, innocent children comfortable in knowing that even though they are between the ages of 18 months and three years old that everything we are teaching them is true, and that in some way they are listening. I know this because all of my children remember how life in primary was when they were younger, and still have vivid memories of that chapter in their life. 
After listening to Carl B. Cook's talk on serving and callings, and how they truly are inspired by the Lord through church leaders got me thinking. I realized that no matter what calling I have, that it is given to me to for a purpose. I have had many callings in the past, and one thing i love about them is that they are temporary. Callings don't last forever, and we certainly don't "own" the calling. This is why there is change, because that is one way that we can spiritually grow. They are for our benefit in developing, and learning something out of the different callings that we have, and I can't even begin to tell you how much I have learned when I had this calling, and this one

And I know that my current calling was inspired by The Lord.

My church calling in the nursery teaching these sweet kids is bittersweet. Bittersweet because for the longest time I was longing for Noah to have a younger brother or sister, but that time has passed. I'm extremely grateful for this calling, and hope that my love will continue to grow hard, and strong for these kids that I barely even know! And treat them as if they were my own. 

And the fact that President Eyring had a calling in the nursery before becoming an apostle put a huge smile on my face! 

Have a wonderful weekend folks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment