REPLY

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!

As I was walking around the streets of Philadelphia the other day I noticed a bunch of blossoms on the ground. It warmed my heart to see that someone really took the time to spell out three wonderful words with blossom petals-"Happy Mother's Day." Being that it was a perfect day in the city with the sun shining seeing this on the ground for everyone to see brought nothing but joy to my face. I saw mommas with their kids walking past it, and some of them paused to take a moment to take a picture.
Since I was kidless this day I offered to take a photo of a momma with two kiddos, and she obliged. She looked so happy as I was capturing the endless smiles on her face, and the look on her kids faces as I was taking their pictures proved all too well that they absolutely love their momma! After a while i saw a few men taking pictures of that beautiful sentiment laying on the ground which I'm sure they'll be sending it to their mommas too.

When mother's day comes around I have to admit that at times I feel that it should be all about me, but in all honesty I haven't been feeling that way at all lately. The fact that me, and my momma are getting older has given me a different sight, and all I think about is my own mother, and other moms. So seeing "happy mother's day" spelled out made me become even more selfless. I wasn't thinking about myself. Instead I was thinking of all the moms out there who may be spending that day alone. I wasn't thinking about who is going to give me flowers, or chocolate this Sunday (although those are kind gestures) or if my mailbox is going to be filled with mothers day cards (snail mail is awesome too!) So instead of thinking about me, me, me, (which yes, mother's day should be all about the mommas), I am also thinking of every parent, male and female who are doing this great job of raising our children alone. I know the work and effort it takes to raise kids by yourself, because I saw my momma do it alone for the first eight years of my life, and at times it was never easy. I also have plenty of friends who are single moms, and let me tell ya, they are magnificent in the calling of being a mother.

There is nothing that brings me no greater joy than to help guide, and raise my children to the best of my ability. My calling as a mother will never end, and it is something I treasure so deeply. 

So here's my sentiment to you in a little video from someone who obviously took the time to scatter blossoms of love for their beloved parent! 

Happy Mother's Day weekend to everyone out there who is doing this great job of raising children! 


"Mothers, we acknowledge and esteem your faith in every footstep. 
Please know that it is worth it now, then, and forever."
 ~Jeffrey R. Holland 

No comments:

Post a Comment