REPLY

Monday, September 24, 2018

F o r t y - S e v e n !

So today is my 47th birthday, and I have to say that I'm pretty excited to turn 47. 47 just sounds really nice. i feel like you can dish out a little bit of advice to those who are young moms in their 20's, and 30's because I've been there done that with four children, but still take advice from those who are in their 50's, 60's, and 70's whose children have graduated college, gotten married, and are grandmothers, and great-grandmas. 
I was also eavesdropping in on a conversation from a few ladies in church who were sitting behind me yesterday. They were talking about how wonderful they felt about being in their 50's, 60's, and 70's! I couldn't help but to turn around and let them know that I am in my late, late 40's and how great I feel mentally and physically about having a birthday soon. They called me a "spring chicken" and that aging only gets better as you get older. As long as you embrace it, and accept who you are in age, handling life will become easier. In spite of illness, or pain, because let's face it, once we get up there in age we will feel it in our bodies, and need to take care of heart, body, and soul! So when I turned around in fearlessness to look and talk to them I knew that I wanted to have that stamina, and fun, joyful outlook on life like they were talking about. I saw it in their eyes, their smiles, and the way they were talking to me. It was real. I love the advice they gave me as to love myself, and enjoy my time right now. Even in challenging times.

The years are passing by so fast, and in spite of all the ups and downs I've had in my life with family, and life's challenges that there is no better place for me to feel the joy and love I get from my husband and kids, and God up above. I love that I've learned what struggles feel like. I love all the unknowns that have happened to me in which I've pulled through from, and the ones that will continue to come. 
Life right now in my late, late 40's, although rough at times which is very rare, is pretty wonderful.  I mean, how can it not be with the weather being so perfect right now. How grateful I am for being an autumn baby! 
Here's to 47 years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment