REPLY

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Feliz Dia De Los Muertos!


Thankful for my ancestors who have lived and passed on and for this day in which we remember them. 

This past week there was a beautiful display of art done by Mexican artists celebrating Mexico week: the Dia De Los Muertos at Rockefeller Center. I went last year and it was so beautiful that I couldn't miss out on this years exhibit.
Such a fun and wonderful celebration of my heritage. To remember those who have lived and passed on and to know that they will always be a part of our memory even after they're gone. So glad I have passed this tradition on down to my children so that they can understand this day and reflect back on their loved ones.
Love all the sculptures here including this large jaguar sculpture (above photo) done by Cesar Menchaca. There's also an ofrenda, and a tianguis. This was the second year artists displayed their sculptures and if you happen to be in NYC next year please come and check them out. Each year there are different sculptures and they are indeed beautiful! So lucky to live near a sea of culture! And at the end of this post you can see a video of my daughter Lexie singing "Cielito Lindo" and this heartwarming video done by my oldest daughter Sierra.
This ofrenda was designed and built by Mexico City based Tónico Visual in collaboration with artist Pedro Reyes.
And last but not least, a photo of my lovely daughter Lexie! She plays for the BYU mariachi band in Provo, Utah and if you'd like to hear her sing "Cielito Lindo" you can watch it here.





No comments:

Post a Comment