REPLY

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

NOLA.

Our little trip to NOLA while on our way to see mom hit differently this time around. The fact that we were passing through this city was not to have fun but to remember. I honest didn't even feel like walking down bourbon street or window shop or see art and culture. And I love art! We did go to Lafayette cemetery and walked around. I love the architecture and the above ground tombstones. For some reason I found it gratifying. I was at peace walking around and admiring the family tombs. Maybe it was because we weren't going to bury my mom because she was going to be cremated. Noah also thought the cemeteries here are pretty cool. It sure was a hot day so we got snow-cones afterward. That is one traditional fun thing we did. 

I'm not sure if we will make a trip back here but if we do it'll remind me of my sister when she lived here and of course my mom and her tia Toni. She lived in Hammond for years and New Orleans is definitely a destination where one can learn a lot of history and culture. This city has been through so much when Katrina hit and I feel that a piece of my heart will always be left in NOLA.  











No comments:

Post a Comment