REPLY

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Bonding Time.

When you have a three day weekend in D.C. including spending time in Virginia chances are you're going to have  to write more than one post, but this one....this one will be very special. 
Special because this small mini vacation/getaway we just had really relieved a lot of stress for my entire family. I can't really put my finger on the reasons why, but I think i have an inkling. Maybe it's the fact that my kids are getting older, and that I have another daughter entering high school...what???, and another one living out west working, and maturing into a true adult...double what??? Maybe it's the the new job change that my husband just had, and the fact that I have to get used to him not working retail hours. I mean, don't get me wrong. Working 8-6 weekdays only is great, but man am I going to miss those three week vacations he had every year for the past five years! Or maybe it's the fact that even though I have a few good friends in Jersey I still long to see faces of friends whom I haven't seen in like six, eight, or 20 years (you feeling me Rosalie and Ceyda!) Or...maybe it's the fact that school is starting in a couple of weeks (not ready for that), and that my time with Noah is limited because this will be the last year of being at home with him all day until next fall (tear). And we all know how quickly those years pass us by (more tears.)
I think it's all of the above. 

Visiting Dominique was just what we all needed with her bubbliness, and all. She's a breath of fresh air, and so is the place where she lives. Being hours away from Jersey was sooooo refreshing. I love Virginia, and there were some moments when I felt as if I was back in North Carolina. The slow pace, and southern hospitality given by others is something that I miss from time to time. I didn't feel rushed by anyone, no one was short with me, not even my family. I absolutely loved the members in her ward. They were all so welcoming, and liked hugs. Instead of finding someone to sit with in Relief Society, I decided to sit on my own spaced in between another sister who looked lonely, and what do you know...another sister sat down on the other side of me and introduced herself. I had someone fellowship me first you guys!! Had to bold that sorry! She was so sweet, and we got to know a lot about each other in the five minutes before class started as well as an extra 15 minutes after church ended. It was great. Dominique even told me that I got to know more members in her ward in three hours than she has in the five years she's lived in it! Yep, I'm a fellowshipper folks, and like I wrote in my previous post from yesterday I love meeting brothers and sisters from different areas of our church. 

Now for the pool. 

The kids all had a grand time, and Noah loved the kiddie pool. There was laughter, merriment, and lots of splashing! We had the pool all to ourselves for the first hour, and it was nice. Especially since Noah was getting used to a swimming pool setting (he's used to going to the beach a lot!). 
I had to tell Noah to stop running because he's not used to being around a swimming pool. He's been going to the beach since birth, and now that he's four all that he has learned when we go to the beach is running away from the waves, run on the sand, and chase pigeons. Running is all he knows when it comes to water, therefore he's never known the proper etiquette of how one is not to run around a pool. I guess you can say I've sheltered him from swimming pools. He understood about the no running rule after telling him not to run about 15 times! 
Lexie and Chelsea sure enjoyed this time together in the pool. There was even a moment where I heard constant laughing, and giggling. I saw that these two were seriously bonding, and that made me so happy. They both miss Sierra, and in some small way they have both realized that they need each other. Chelsea is growing up, and I see that she is wanting to have that relationship that Sierra, and Lexie have. She does have it with the both of them. It's a little different, but they all love each other. I have to remind Chelsea that even though they'll get after her for doing something dumb, they still love her. I remind her that it's all a part of growing up. Being the "middle child" is not always easy. It's so nice seeing the girls having moments like this without any bickering. Now...if only Noah and Chelsea could always get along, but that wouldn't be normal. I see the love they have as sibs when they make up, and it's the sweetest thing. The best thing about sibling rivalry is that when they get older they are all going to be there for each other no matter what, and look back at these times and tease each other about them! 
See what I mean...they will definitely look back at these photos with fond memories, and create more as they grow older. With a mom like me you'll be dang sure that they are always going to be taught true principles, and the concept of love, even after you're baby brother tried to drown you. 

**In case you're wondering Jon was behind the camera the entire time capturing these moments. He forgot his swim trunks, didn't care, and didn't mind taking pictures of us. What a guy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment