REPLY

Friday, June 20, 2014

Happy Summer To Us & A New Job For The Hubs.

After all those snow days we had that caused our kids to end school one week after their original release date I feel that we deserve many vacations this summer. The fact that all my girls passed with flying colors to their next grade level makes me one proud mama. So glad that school is out, and that we are ready to have our summer "officially" begin. 

But first...

Remember when I wrote this post about my hubby having his birthday wish come true? Well, it finally came true! It only took about five months, and a looooooootttt of praying filled with a looooootttt of gratitude. I'm sure some of you Jersey locals have probably heard the news of Jon's new employment by now, but for my online viewers, and friends from afar... it's official. 

Jon is now an official full time employee with the United Parcel Service which means he'll get full paid benefits, and weekends off, yay!!! (and the pay isn't too bad!) double yay! I know there will be times when he'll miss working in a public forum where he interacts with customers, and talking sales, but I know this for sure...he will not miss the retail hours or working on Sundays! When he worked with UPS during the holidays last year he really enjoyed it. First of all he loves to drive, and the fact that he will be hopping in and out of his truck being on a schedule will help him to get into shape. He would talk to me about some of the areas he'd deliver in and how some of those homes have long driveways in which you can't park your truck that have steep hills where you actually have to get down and walk a good 200 feet just to get to their porch. He got quite a workout for those two months, and I remember how quickly he began to lose a bit of weight. "Who needs a gym when you have UPS as a job right?" Is what I said to him. This was a tender mercy moment that came from The Lord, and Jon is so, so happy! He was estatic when he got the call, and I'm so grateful for this blessing that has been handed to him. So extremely happy for him. So with all the patience, and hardships we endured for the past 10 months of trial after trial praying our hearts out, in figuring out what the next step in our life was going to be I think we deserve a lot of mini-vacations this summer. First of all we never let our spirit go downhill, or lost our faith in ourselves, but most of all God. Time is of the essence and only God knows what he's doing at the time we need it. Everything is on a timetable, and having experienced trials in the past...I know this to be true. Trials will continue to come, and because of the strength and faith that I've had I'm willing to take anything God throws in my direction. Things happen for a reason folks, and I'm a firm believer in that! 


Anyway, the kids can't be more excited for summer plans, and I'm praying and hoping that sweet Sierra will be up our way soon. Not sure how long she'll stay with us as she has a job she wants to keep back in Utah so she can establish residency and go to a university for a lot less, but I'm hoping it's enough time to give her lots of hugs, go to the beach, New York City, and the temple. The way we spontaneously do things in this family when it comes to road trips I'm sure that'll happen. 


Oh, the places we'll go! 


No comments:

Post a Comment