REPLY

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving From Us!

I don't do the whole "days for what I'm thankful for on a daily basis, but I'd like to take this moment to pause and reflect on all the beautiful things I am thankful for combined in a nutshell. For the blessings that I continue to receive in my life. It's not always perfect, in fact it's never perfect, but because of these five lovely people my determination and motivation to continue to endure in all things always become greater, and stronger.

I firmly believes that comes with growing kids, and getting up there in age! I'm mostly grateful to God who plays a massive role in my life in giving me that endurance, and for giving me such precious children to nurture, and raise. Thankful for friends near, and far whom I've known for one to 40 years! Especially grateful for my mom who is a fighter when it comes to beating breast cancer, and for my one and only sister. Her heart has been filled with so much thoughtfulness, and love lately which makes me wish she lived closer to us. Again, I blame it on getting up there in age. The heart truly grows fonder as we distance ourselves from family, as our kids get older, and as we gracefully age. 
I love my hardworking hubs! He spoils me rotten in a good way, and I'm so grateful to have picked him as my eternal companion! 
For this amazing sweet boy who truly brings so much joy to my life. He is my solace while living in crazy Jersey! He truly is my best buddy and he loves his sisters dearly! He sure does look up to each of them in different ways. 
For these amazing girls who laugh, and tease each other, and sometimes annoy each other, but in a good way. Hey, they're sisters, and are allowed to do that right?!? They are all unique in their own way which has helped me understand who they are. I love that they are all different. They each come with different challenges, and together we grow and learn from said challenges. I love them so much, and am so thankful that The Lord has trusted me to have them. 
There's so much to be grateful for, but my family, and God are at the top of my list. Thanksgiving definitely is a time to remember all that we are grateful for. Going to the Macy's thanksgiving parade today was fun, and all but at the end of the day we reflect on what's most important, and that's being together as a family. To think of those who may have been alone on this day. We don't have family close by at all, but we have each other, and a phone to call, and text to communicate with loved ones via social media! I am grateful for that too! 
And last but not least, I am thankful for my dearest friend Maggie. She took our family photo of us this year, and I am so happy that she is able to spend the holidays with us. I love her so much, and I'm so grateful for her unconditional love in friendship! 

Hope your thanksgiving was the best this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment