REPLY

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Celebrating With Mari In NYC!

I blog this for memory, and because Chelsea doesn't have social media wanted to document her adventure with her peeps. Since Chelsea moved here last year she has been fortunate enough to have made a great group of friends. She avoids all cattiness, and drama, and if any drama should arise she tends to be the peacemaker of the bunch. She's a lot like me in that aspect, and I am grateful that she has learned that no matter what, there will always be 7th grade hormones raging, middle school drama, but at the end of the day what matters is how you handled any dramatic situation, and to always be yourself while being an example to others.

From what her teachers, and friends mothers tell me she has set a great example to her peers at school, and their kids. 

I have always advised Chelsea that being popular is not important. Having a lot of friends doesn't matter. If you can have one friend that you trust, just one, then that's all you need. Throughout my years of friendships, and witnessing who my real friends are I have long since realized that it's the quality of friendship that counts, not the "quantity." Even though Chelsea has grown to know a lot of kids in the short time she has been here she has developed great friendships with these great girls, and hopefully their friendships will last way past high school. 
Her friends birthday was last week and they all took the train in to NYC where they had lunch at Chelsea market, and saw the tree at Rockefeller center. The birthday girl's mom took a lot of photos and kept me posted as to where they were, and what they were doing, and I really appreciated that. I trusted her to take care of my daughter, and didn't worry at all. We've been to New York sooooo many times that my kids are aware of their surroundings, and know how to handle this crazy, but magical city. They all had a great time, and I am so happy that Chelsea was able to celebrate her girl with the rest of the clan. 
Her mom snapped these photos, and was kind enough to text them to me. Sure looks like they had a great time! 


Here's to our children developing great friendships that will last, and hope that everyone continues to enjoy this holiday season!  

No comments:

Post a Comment