REPLY

Monday, May 14, 2018

A Tribute To Grandma Patsy.


Yesterday at approximately 10:45 am while facetiming with Sierra my mother-in-law walked into her room to let her know that grandma Patsy took her last breath while talking to her. Sierra stood up, and stepped away from her laptop, and all I could hear were their sobs, and shaky voices. When I heard my mother in law describing what happened that's when I knew that she was gone. 

As sad as this is going to sound the last time we saw her was when we moved to North Carolina. That was 12 years ago. It had been 12 years since we seen her, but thank goodness for phones, and snail mail. Every now and then she would call Jon to see how he's doing, and every single year she sent our kids Christmas and birthday cards. There was not one year that went by where she didn't send one. 

Her words were always genuine, and I will always remember her for her kindness. She was always nice to me, and would always be the first one to talk to me whenever we had family gatherings.

Even though she was Jon's grandma, she was mine too. I never called her Patsy. I always called her grandma because she portrayed that role very well. She was loved by many and will be missed. 

I'm grateful that her suffering ended when it did, even if it was on Mother's day. It was her time to go, and I know that she is looking down on us from Heaven with her loved ones watching over us. Praying for us. Loving us. Guiding us. And maybe even laughing at us when we reminisce about her, and probably reprimanding us when we yell at our kids, and when we do dumb things! 

She was something. A unique individual who went through a lot in her life, and I will always be grateful for the memories I have of her. These pictures are how I want to remember her by. She was a beautiful woman who always stood out. 
I'm also grateful for the time Sierra had in getting to know her better while living in Utah for the past four years. She was 12 when we moved away, and was almost 19 when she moved back to Utah. I'm happy to hear that she became more acquainted with her great-grandma being an adult. She is the only grandkid from my family that she got to know better. But it's okay, because I know that one day she will meet Noah, and get to know Chelsea and Lexie better! 

Rest in peace Grandma. God be with you till we meet again because this is what Heavenly Father's plan is all about. 

Eternal families.

No comments:

Post a Comment