REPLY

Friday, August 17, 2018

The Faces Of Summer & A Road Trip Ahead.

Oh summer. You sure are passing us by pretty quickly, and it sure didn't help with the first two weeks of August being taken away from us because of moving into our new place. Still..we are savoring the last moments of summer until fall temperatures arrive, and looking forward to seeing mountains, eating at In-N-Out burger, and hopefully making it to a few new LDS temples along the way! 

We are especially happy that we made it to the ocean one last time before Lexie leaves. The day spent here was absolute bliss. The water was warm, and although it was hot and humid we didn't mind. After all, isn't that what a beach day is supposed to feel like. The kids had so much fun, and even though these two can push Lexie's buttons at times she loves them to death! She will miss them, and they will most definitely miss her! Pestering her that is! ha ha!
Here's hoping everyone is enjoying the remaining weeks of summer. Luckily for us school doesn't start until after labor day so we are going to be taking advantage of summers end by spending it in Utah. I'll be driving cross country to take Lexie to school, and visiting friends that I haven't seen in years. It's been 12 years since I've been back to the place I once called home. I never thought I'd go back, but here I am excited to take this road trip to drop off my first BYU kid at college! 

From what my friends, and family have told me it seems that the salt lake valley has really changed, and how it's become more congested with time. New buildings, a lot of remodeling done at downtown temple square, and a mall that is quickly dissolving and going out of business. Sorry Gateway. That was the mall where Jon worked at for AT&T. It was a happening mall then, but ever since they knocked down Crossroads Mall, and redid that whole area with extravagant shops, and restaurants it seems to have gone downhill. I do look forward to browsing at the shops at city creek though. 

Nonetheless we are excited to see the new changes, and eat at all the places that we haven't eaten at in 12 years! It'll be a fun trip, and I'll probably gain a few pounds, but who cares. I'm not sure when I'll be back to visit Utah again so you better believe I'm going to take advantage of shopping at all the Deseret Industries thrift stores, and making a few pit stops all over the valley because who knows... 

It could be another 12 years before i come back again! ha! ha! Let's hope not! 
Happy Friday y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment