REPLY

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Lighting The World!

Two years ago the church began a campaign called Light the world where we can help share the light and joy though simple acts of service all through December. I love this campaign, and the kids loved getting involved as well. It seriously helps us forget our own issues when we focus on others. I love simple Christmases anyway.

While my kids enjoy receiving gifts, it has also taught them that worldly things are not important, and that serving others is a blessing, and much more gratifying. There are so many ways to help others through service, and different charities where you can help donate. Whether it's donating one dollar to St. Judes at a store you shop at. T.j. Maxx, dollar tree, crate and barrel, or any store that offers you to donate is not a lot. One dollar is not a lot. 

I am so grateful for this campaign, and how it continues to be done all over the world. Especially around the holidays. I love my faith, and becoming a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints when I was 20 has formed every bit of my life, and has shaped me into a better human being. In spite of the slip ups I have had (and there have been a many), I have always managed to lift myself up, learn from my imperfections, and press on. Recognizing the flaws, and accepting said imperfections has helped build me up into a much stronger person. Because of my beliefs I have confidence in my chosen path, and so much joy in my journey in this mortal life. I know that Jesus is the Christ, and without Him in my life, and praying to Him daily I honestly don't think my strength in who I've become would have ever existed. I am so thankful for my membership in the church, and for the opportunities I have to share His gospel. I love serving others, and hope that I can shed just a little bit of light this year to those who need it. 

Looking forward to lighting the world again


No comments:

Post a Comment