REPLY

Monday, December 10, 2018

Over The Weekend...We Be Sick & Stuff!

Although we survived the weekend with sickness we still managed to go to the city to see Peter and The Wolf at the Guggenheim. Had I paid extra fees on the tickets due to illness, or an emergency I would have canceled, and gotten a refund, but because I didn't we sucked it up, put on a smiling face and went anyway. We passed the contagious phase so it was okay to go to the show. Luckily our seats were the last four in the front, and we didn't cough too much! 
As much as I wanted to stay in the city afterward to have dinner, go to Central Park, and walk along fifth avenue we just didn't have the energy, and it was too cold. Cold weather when you're sick, and/or getting over a cold due is not good. 

We are feeling a tad bit better today, and felt that Noah is okay to go back to school. Let's hope he keeps his food in, and that he eats a bit more today. He rarely ate all weekend. Let's see. He had some 7-up, six saltine crackers, two French fries, an orange, a couple of apple slices, and drank a lot of water, and yesterday he finally drank some apple juice, and ate some sausage and kept it all in his tummy. It's not fun being sick, and I am not used to my kids being sick because they hardly ever get sick. I attest that to nursing them for so long. So let's hope we don't pass the bug on down to Jon and Chelsea, and that Noah will stay in school all day, and all week. As much as my kids enjoy school, and love for them to learn and be in school I am beginning to be that mom who will not take their child to school sick! It is so important to keep them indoors so they can rest, and heal. I seriously think Noah slept for at least 55 hours since Wednesday! That's a lot of sleep, and even though he slept he still isn't his old self. 

I can't complain too much because Noah does sick pretty well. He wasn't much into cuddling with me in between puking sessions, and it's either because I was sick too, or because he's getting older. It doesn't matter. I know he'll be back to cuddling with me on the couch watching christmas movies as he is in this photo with his sister. I really hope this is the last time we get sick for this season, because I am not the best at being sick. Especially at my age! 

So here's hoping that he will be back to his old self some day this week, and that the half-smile he had on his face when he left this morning for school will become an ear to ear one some when he comes home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment