REPLY

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Dear Evan Hansen On Broadway!

Last week on a school I pulled Chelsea out of school early and headed to the city to finally see Dear Evan Hansen. I honestly don't know why I waited this long to see the show and I can just kick myself in the butt for not watching it while Ben Platt was in it! I'm not going on a rant on how I should have seen it sooner because this truly is one of the best broadway shows ever. With or without Ben Platt starring in it! 
Everyone was amazing and I am in awe that this show has become such a phenomenon with only eight actors in it. We laughed, we cried, oh man did I cry (along with everyone else in the audience), and really took in the writings behind the story. I am so glad I saw this with my youngest daughter. I recommend this show to all parents with teenagers. It is one of the best Broadway shows ever written and one that I would watch over again. 

After the show, we waited for a few of the players to come out so they can sign our playbills. This is Chelsea's favorite part of going to a show. It was so nice meeting a few of them, and they were all so happy and pleasant to talk to. 
This is "Connor" and I can picture my son looking like him in about ten years! He did a great job playing a rebellious teenager!
Zoe. She was a delight to talk to. Very personable and played her part with such emotion! 
This is Evan's friend Jared who also portrayed his character very well. We wanted to wait for "Evan" but it was too cold to be waiting outside and so we left. It was still nice meeting some of them. We love Broadway shows, and look forward for more! 


No comments:

Post a Comment