REPLY

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

February Snapshots In The City...

 

The month of February was no different than January. Warm temps. No major snowfall. Lots of rain. It has been pretty dreary with bits of sunshine but at least we live in a part of the world where we can just venture outside without having the need to get on a plane and travel somewhere exotic. We get everything in our backyard. New York city is a gem and I love it! Almost 16 years of living close to the best city in the world and it never gets old. Here I am walking right past the house where one of my favorite movies was filmed. Any guesses? Here's a reference, "snap out of it!" MOONSTRUCK! Love the location in Brooklyn. 

And here are a few gems that we encountered this month....

The NYON store is my favorite and I love buying their postcards and their beanies here. Noah agrees. 



We heard about a shop called Sweet Pickle Books on tiktok where you can trade books for pickles! You have to bring at least 4-5 books and they honor it on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only. And I'll tell ya, the pickles are tasty!!

I took a BeReal while driving into the city and the concentration on Jon's face gets me every time. He is also trying very hard not to curse at other drivers on the road who literally do not know how to drive when it comes the city! 
So there's a New York bean in the city now and from what I know it'll be a permanent display. In all honesty, it's kind of an eyesore and definitely not like Chicagos bean but it is a beautiful shiny sculpture.
I have so much love for New York and will walk the Brooklyn bridge again and again. Stay tuned for more New York moments. In spite of the odd weather we've been having, I make the best of it by venturing outdoors and look for the positive in my day to day living!


No comments:

Post a Comment