REPLY

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Valentine's Day 2023.


My husband told me the other day that some of his coworkers wives are really hating the Miley Cyrus's song "I can buy myself flowers." I can see why because of the independent words written in that song. Luckily I'm one of those cool wives who honestly doesn't give a crap about what I get. I'm in my 50's and to be honest I pretty much buy myself what I want without having the need to ask, but I do admit that it's a heck of a surprise when Jon gives me a card with such beautiful words written inside. And that's good enough for me! I don't flowers but I do love dates to the city and that's exactly what Jon is so good at. He loves taking me out to the city and this valentines day we kept it simple with capturing a photo of us to remember that so much love is just spending time together. Loving each other and paying attention to each other. It's always the simplest gifts of love that are the most precious and meaningful. Not the material things. Okay, if you count seeing a broadway show or going to a museum materialistic I don't think it is. It is entertaining and that is something I'll remember going to as opposed to any piece of jewelry. Whether you have a significant other or not I hope that everyone had a nice valentines day.

No comments:

Post a Comment