REPLY

Monday, December 19, 2011

Happy Birthday to the King of our house


made with love by Sierra
There is something special between a daughter and a father. A bond that is different from that of a mother. I noticed that bond between you and Sierra the minute she was born. Now that she is older, she has grown closer to you more than ever before. Happiness fills my heart when I see the two of you bond. As you know, I didn't have a relationship with my biological father, or my stepfather. The closest person that I looked up to as a father was Joe, mom's companion of 12 years, so it really makes me appreciate the love and support that y'all have for one another.

At first it was something I had to get used to. Watching you and Sierra laughing and talking about all the things of the world was different, and it was something I had to get used to. Different because I NEVER had that kind of interaction with any father figure until I was in my 30's. I eventually got used to your actions, accepted it, and it makes me happy to know that she can rely on you, and talk to you about anything! Although there are certain topics she feels she can only talk to you about, I'm happy that you include me in those conversations. Sometimes Sierra will ask you for a favor, and if it is something that requires my part in it, you will always tell her to ask me. It makes me feel good that you include me. It is a sure sign that you trust my opinion as her mother, and to have the final say. Sometimes she'll do that with me, and at times I'd have to tell her that we need to ask you if that's okay. Bottom line is that I'm grateful that both you and I have great communication, as well as a close relationship with our children. 

The firstborn always tend to be our guinea pig in many ways, and although I made a lot of mistakes with Sierra in the beginning...I corrected them right away. I feel that I am a better person, and mother because of all the experiences we endured with her being the only child for five years. With our second it became easier, and so forth.

As I look at this ship that Sierra made for you, and all the things that she wrote about you...

Defender of dreams.
The hospitable one.
Lover of the family.
Holder of the priesthood.
Seeker of wisdom.
King of Corny.

It warms my heart to know how much she LOVES you, and how she looks up to you as her father. 

All of those things that she wrote about you are true, and that is exactly why I married you.
Wishing you the happiest birthday ever! 

xo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Babe!!! I love you also, and to my special Dork, Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete