REPLY

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

In The Spirit of Giving.

There's something about serving one another, and doing for others that makes you forget about your own problems, worries, and most of all yourself. 

One of my favorite things to do around the holidays is crafts. Especially when you do it with a great group of sisters, and friends. One thing about the church I attend are the activities, and opportunities we have to invite others, and reach out in fellowship, and just be happy in having a grand time. I am so grateful for the sister missionaries we have in our church who are here for that purpose in visiting with those who are in need of a friend, and spiritual uplifting. I love that they are there not only here to share the gospel, but to serve as Christ's diciple in love and fellowship, and this is the time of year where we should all be extending a helping hand, and exhibiting that example even more. 

Yesterday I went to visit a sister whom I've known for a few years since moving to Jersey, but never really had the opportunity to fully reach out to her. I am so excited that I have finally stepped inside the home of this lovely young woman two times now, and to get to know her better as a friend. She is so personable, and invited the sister missionaries as well as a friend of hers (who isn't a member of the church) to hang out, and do a little service project that involved crafts. We all made jars of facial scrub, and cookie mix to give to someone who we feel can use some christmas cheer. 








We had so much fun on this day, and the best thing about being together is the unity we feel in sisterhood regardless of what religion we are. I just met some of these girls, and I feel as if I've known them forever! I love the feeling I get of being myself, sharing my thoughts, and conversion story to those whom I've met for the first time. If someone is going to ask me where I'm from, how I met my husband, and if I was raised a mormon I'm going to give them a tasteful, full, detailed story. Especially since I wasn't raised in the mormon church I will tell them my conversion story, and telling it always feels as if I was just baptized yesterday! 22 years a member doesn't seem too long, and I always feel like super woman after sharing my experiences and thoughts as to how I became a member of this church. 

Twas a good morning on this day, and look forward to more days like this.   

No comments:

Post a Comment