REPLY

Monday, January 15, 2018

Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial in D.C.


 "True peace is not merely the absence of tension. It is the presence of justice." -MLK Jr. 

Last spring we discovered the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, and didn't even know it was in existence. We have walked the National mall a hundred times, and never stopped to take a look! This monument is called "The Stone of Hope." The inspiration for the memorial design comes from his "I have a dream" speech... "out of the mountain of despair, a stone of hope."
I'm so grateful that we stumbled upon this memorial, and that we got to see it. MLK Jr. was such an inspiration! There are numerous quotes carved against the granite walls. I love the fact that two of my daughters are born on his birthday, and it is my hope that our future generations can inspire a fraction of the change that Martin Luther King Jr. inspired. 

I hope. 


No comments:

Post a Comment