REPLY

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Noah-isms & The Things I Look Forward To When It Comes To His Words.

Some of Noah's sayings lately have been pretty funny, and "adult" like lately especially since he turned eight, and Lexie turned 18. Whenever he says something funny I try to laugh, and remember what he said so I can tell the girls, and Jon when they come home. Luckily I have my phone at times to jot down what he says so I won't forget. Eventually there will come a time when his Noahisms will become obsolete online, and as he gets older his words will become vast, extensive, and hopefully mature, but fun! But for now I will continue to take in his words as they come in hopes that I can remember as I get older!

When Lexie picked Noah up from school for the first time the teacher asked how old she was (you have to be 18 or older for a family member to pick up your child) before Lexie could answer, Noah said, "she's 18, she's an adult now."

When I picked Noah up from school Lexie was in the car, and as soon as Noah got in the car asked Lexie, "how was work." She said to him, "Noah, I don't work." He said, "but you're 18. You're  an adult now." 

Noah's vocabulary has become pretty extensive since starting school here. It amazes me how quickly he is learning and to be honest sometimes feel as if the teachers in this school district really push these young pups too soon, but so far isn't stressing his eight year old brain. It's impressive the words he's been using, and Lexie is taken back at some of the words he's said because these are words she didn't say when she was in second grade. Come to think of it, neither did Sierra or Chelsea!

Version
congruent
contemplate
conversation
difficult
privilege

These are a few of the words he's said, and when I first heard him use them in a "conversation"  Lexie and look at each other like "what the heck are they teaching this kid!" They're like two peas in a pod when she sometimes picks him up from school. I'll be sitting and waiting in the car, and they are in deep conversation talking about what happened in school. 

He has begun writing in a journal, and hope that he will keep it at for a long time to come. It's interesting to watch him grow, and talk about life, school, church, scouts, books, and his adventures in his own words. 

I look forward to when he gives his first talk at church in front of the congregation when he's 12. 

I look forward to his prayers in the morning. He always has sweet things to pray about, and uses the word reverent a little too much. 

I look forward to his family home evening lessons when it's his turn to "teach." The way he teaches is unique, and although he needs a tad bit of help from his sisters 98 percent of the lesson is done on his own. Sometimes he'll even call out Lexie or Chelsea to be his helper!  

I look forward to scripture study as a family. We no longer have to guide him in reading aloud some of the big words in there like righteous, dominion, manifestation, and figurative.

I look forward when he'll write his own poems, and skits in school or at boys camp. 

There are so many things I look forward to with this kid, and I"m grateful for the knowledge he has gained, and the love that he is developing for words, and learning. He's a kid though and through, and his life won't always revolve around school. 

Oh no. 

His life is too precious, young, and fun and as long as he is doing his best in school there will always, always be time to play. 




No comments:

Post a Comment