REPLY

Thursday, June 6, 2019

A Few More Photos From Boston!

A week late in posting these but I wanted to add these in for the archives, and because it was one of the most funnest trips we've taken in a four day holiday felt the need to share! Brace yourselves for a big photo dump because i love to take pictures! 

We did a lot of driving, eating, walking, and exploring. One of the most sentimental, yet beautiful places was seeing this little Holocaust memorial. I was so emotional while walking through this. We all walked through together. It was an accident that we parked next to this place so we weren't planning on seeing it, but it looked interesting so we all got down. It was definitely heartbreaking, and had to hold back the tears. I cried walking through this tiny memorial, and can't even imagine how I would react if I went to Auschwitz! This was enough for me to feel, imagine, think, and have empathy for what these jewish people went through. So many sad quotes from survivors. Noah was reading them to me as we both walked through them together. Jon was behind me, and was taking longer than me. He has the tendency to really study, and ponder with what he reads. I swear he should have been a history or English professor! Anyway, it was a nice, but sad moment walking through this as a family with eyes wide open wondering how in the world these people made it through the holocaust! A great history lesson for Noah that's for sure! 
Baseball parks are so fun to visit, and watching a game is even better. Fenway park is a fun park, and there was so much going on this day with music, and good food. 

Chelsea finally had a cupcake at by.chloe! She has the biggest sweet tooth! 
And a little walk with Edgar Allen Poe...
After paying our respects at the memorial flag garden at Boston Common Noah rode the carousel. He did mention that he's not five anymore, and that it's for babies, but he still wanted to get on! I think the fact that he saw older ladies on it motivated him to hop on! Hopefully he'll let me take photos of him on carousels as it is my favorite thing to get on too! 
Can't leave Boston common without walking the freedom trail. 
There was a farmers market going on near the Point in this part of boston, and it was pretty fun. I didn't really buy anything, or take any photos but i sure love the cobblestone and the layout of this street! 
We always have a great time when we come to Boston! So much to see, and do and so little time. Next time we'll have to do the duck tour! I am so happy that we were able to see and do everything that i just posted, and we all left happy! 
And so did the kids! 


No comments:

Post a Comment