REPLY

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Pioneer Trek In Pennsylvania.

Reenacting Pioneer Trek in this day and age is an even bigger challenge because of what is left behind such as smartphones & any worldly possessions (which explains these grainy photos taken from an old school camera) but I’m grateful that these kids went including two of my own. Noah said that it was painful but he had great time. He's 13.5 years old and was excited to go and then realized once he arrived at their location how difficult it will be. However, he loved the "family" he was in and was happy to do it and doesn't think he'll do it again!

Chelsea said it was "terribly fun" and got real emotional after coming home and during a testimony meeting at church. She loved it. She hated it, but oh how she appreciated all the sacrifices our pioneer heritage went through so that we can be where we are today with God on our side. She also loved her "family" as well and will always remember them. 
I don’t care if people think we’re crazy for doing this in the middle of summer but at the end of those three days it teaches all the people who went a lot mentally, physically and spiritually. Lessons are taught about what our ancestors went through during extreme temperatures. In the midst of adversity many of them died along the way; especially in the winter time, and some made it. Even if our kids don’t want to experience this ever again in their life I’m glad they at least experienced it once. This is truly a once in a lifetime event to experience and I encourage everyone to do so. If Jon and I are ever called to be a ma and pa I would love to volunteer. I am so, so happy that I can say all our children (including my husband when he was younger) have experienced trek.

And for that I am eternally grateful.

You can read about past treks here and here.




















No comments:

Post a Comment