REPLY

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

'Big Fish' Abandoned Movie Set On Jackson Lake Island.

Hello August! How the heck is it august 1st already? 

I will still be documenting a few more posts from our trip. If you're not a big reader then I suggest you shoot on to my Instagram page where there is one photo with a simple caption. But first, I want to talk about Alabama....

I was very surprised to see how beautiful Alabama was/is. I forgot how green that state can be too. They have wooded areas and lots of trees. I had read about an abandoned movie set from Tim Burton's "Big Fish" on Jackson lake island and since it's on the way to Texas thought we could stop by and spend the day there. I am so glad we made the time to stop by and get down to take photos and just enjoy this little abandoned village. Even in a heat wave we had fun. We were greeted by goats and there were so many! We walked all along the small village, looked at the deteriorating buildings, and sat down on a swinging bench to enjoy the scenery of the lake. So relaxing and a perfect spot for vacationing. Yes, you can pay 10 bucks a night to camp out here and swim in the lake. There is a fee to enter on the island which is 5 bucks per person but it is so worth it. We could have stayed here all week but we had to hit the road toward Texas. Here's a little vid I made on tiktok of this place and you can watch it here.


















No comments:

Post a Comment