REPLY

Monday, September 11, 2023

Flight 93 Memorial.

Today marks the 22nd anniversary of the September 11th attacks and every year on this day it never gets old and I never forget. I will always remember that dreadful day waking up to the sound of a loud tube tv at my husbands grandfathers house in Washington hearing him shout out, "a plane just crashed into the twin towers!" I woke up and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Here I was across the country from one of the cities I have always loved and it was in distress! Living near the city for the past 16 years has really made me appreciate NYC even more which is why I love going there so much. I love the energy and the strength that this city gives when a catastrophe happens. New York is a strong city and we will never forget what happened there. We will also never forget what happened in the outskirts of Stoystown Pennsylvania where flight 93 crashed. On our way home from our cross country trip to Utah we decided to stop by the memorial. It was our first time visiting here. Another trip we should have made a long time ago because it's only a five hour drive from Jersey.So many emotions were running through my brain and I literally felt my anxiety build up as we were walking through the museum. Remnants of the plane that are literally nothing. Their photos on the wall. Listening to their recorded voices of when they called their loved ones to say, "I love you, and goodbye." And those two words that gave me the chills, "LET'S ROLL!" I can't even imagine. This particular attack was brave because they prevented a catastrophic event from happening. Whether they were aiming for the nations capitol or the White House it was prevented! What an amazing group of humans who sacrificed their lives to protect our country from another disaster happening. They were the heroes of that day in that plane and we will always remember their names. Especially in the this field that reads on a glass window, "A common field one day, a field of honor forever." 


NEVER FORGET.


No comments:

Post a Comment