REPLY

Monday, September 25, 2017

Days For Girls & Women's Conference In Boston.

What an amazing weekend! The fact that I shared in the joy of assembling kits for the Days for Girls service project was the icing on the cake. We joined my dear sisters in Boston to help them out with this project, and it was the best evening that I had with my girls too! If you want to know more about this project, and see more photos you can follow them on their Facebook page. 

It was such an amazing weekend, but first can I just talk about how inspiring this womens session was! All the talks had a main focus that was geared to all the young women which was "to be yourself", and "knowing who you are." What a fantastic reminder. Even I needed that reminder. I think that's why I constantly encourage my girls, and tell them to be yourself. I have this quote by Oscar Wilde hung on my wall as you walk out the door that reads, "Be yourself, everyone else is taken."  It's a reminder to themselves to remember who they are. Like Ucthdorf said in his talk. He said something along the lines of "if someone makes fun of you because you believe in God to not listen to them." That's so true. I tell my kids if someone says anything like that to ignore them, but at the same time to be an example and defend your religion when need be, and in a good way. 

I also love the five factors that Sister Eubank pointed out from a quote from Spencer W. Kimball in what makes a righteous woman. Be righteous. Be articulate. Be different. Be distinct, and to be happy while doing those four things!

I love Sister Eubanks and her words tonight were empowering! My blog may not be extremely global, but i am so glad I have continued blogging in hopes that I can share some happiness around my small corner of the net. I am pretty fearless when it comes to writing about my trials, and my life. I always hope my posts are well received, and that whoever is reading them will find some enlightenment! 

"Use your voice and your power to articulate what you know and feel on social media, in quiet conversations with your friends, when you’re chatting with your grandchildren. Tell them why you believe, and what it feels like, if you ever doubted, how you got through it, what Jesus Christ means to you. As the Apostle Peter said, ‘Be not afraid … but sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you.’ 
-Sister Eubank

So many amazing messages from these wonderful sisters were given this year, and in case you missed them you can watch them online here. It truly is my time to pass the torch of goodness to my girls, and others who may follow my example. I'm not a perfect person, but I know how it feels to be ridiculed, and to have lost myself as a youth, and even when I was in my 20's before joining the LDS church. This truly was the best women's conference hands down. Such a wonderful time serving, and making kits for girls from different countries-what an empowering conference! 

I hope my girls will never forget this evening! 





No comments:

Post a Comment