REPLY

Friday, September 22, 2017

A Little Encouraging Post To Myself, On My Birthday Weekend.

It's Friday and we are gearing into the weekend in which I know will be spiritually edifying! General women's conference, and my 46th birthday are both this weekend and to be honest I couldn't be more excited. I love attending with my girls, and celebrating my special day with people I love. Nearing my 50's doesn't scare me too much. Maybe it's because I see my sister aging gracefully, and the way she embraces life, and her age is impressive. Same with my momma. She's in her 70's, and looks as if she's in still in her 50's. So grateful she's doing well with her battle with cancer and all! 

I love that women's conference, and a new season fall on, or around my birthday and I see that as a huge blessing. It helps me to reorganize my thoughts as to how I view myself as a person, and a mother. Especially when it comes to The Lord. I am so not this perfect person that looks all happy, and joyful in pictures. I have my downfalls, and flaws, but I'm glad, and grateful to know that I recognize all the imperfections in me. Recognizing those faults, weaknesses, and imperfections helps me to better myself. To never give up. To always keep trying. I constantly preach to my kids about never giving up, staying strong, letting things go, keep trying, keep smiling, be Christlike, be happy, move on from any negativity that may be drowning, and wearing you down, and just find joy in the journey. I certainly try, and continue to strive and take my own advice. To act upon it, and not preach it. Sometimes it's hard, but I know it can be done with fervent prayer, sincere scripture study, and sometimes venting to those who I know have a good listening ear, and genuine heart to tell me honest truths about my life really helps me in profound ways. The  temple is always a good idea too. I absolutely have no excuse (that is in case my car breaks down) to not go. I love the temple and when I attend I am refueled, happier, and every sad thought will go away. 

But it doesn't last. 

Those thoughts, struggles, and imperfections continue to come, and sometimes in the most brutal way. That's why I continue to do the things that I know will help me to be a better person as I get older. I know I've gotten tough, and bold as I've gotten older. and sometimes that's not always a good thing. I always want to be kind, loving, patient, and accepting. I am for the most part, but sometimes life kicks in, and adversity strikes in the ugliest way to the point where my days are not filled with kindness, and patience. But like I said, I'm grateful for that recognition. For that recognition that I see, and feel as that still, small voice nudges me reminding me that I can be that person. That life is beautiful. That I am loved, and will never, ever be alone. One by one my kids are leaving the nest, and soon I'll have one more leaving next fall. But I try not to dwell on that. Instead of shedding unhappy tears, I want to be shedding tears of joy. Joyful tears because I know that no matter the distance I know my kids will be there for me. 

How grateful I am for reminders that come from the beating of my own heart, and from that loving voice that whispers to me "all is well." That I have a beautiful life with an amazing husband, and great kids. 

Yeah, this weekend will be awesome. 

And so will my 46th year of living. 

Hope your weekend will be awesome too! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment