REPLY

Friday, July 20, 2018

Good Times With Noah!

I know I've written one too many posts about how fast our kids are growing up, and how quickly graduation comes along for them! My time with Noah is fleeting fast, but I notice that when I don't rush his childhood, and spend one on one time with just him without feeling rushed that time somewhat slows down. At least for those moments when I'm with him. 

Ever since Chelsea started girls camp last year with Lexie, Noah and I have had the opportunity of having major time spent together. This is when I'm grateful for the five year age gap between them. It gives me equal time to spend with each of my kids, and with Noah being the youngest time spent with him is going to be more. And the girls don't mind. After all, they spoil him too! 
So when his sisters depart Noah and I plan a week of fun activities, and it has become tradition to eat at Shake Shack, and then go to the Pez Factory. I took him last year for the first time, and he fell in love with that place. The drive to Connecticut is beautiful, and I love that he is a great traveler. 
After the hour spent at Pez we headed toward Greenwich where we spent most of our time walking, and window shopping on Greenwich avenue. I absolutely love this town. It's so quaint, and timeless. It's a beautiful area where one can go to relax and enjoy. 
 
Having waffles which is his fave at P.J.'s pancakes, and then going to Asbury Splash Park was fun for him. He informed me that he wants to go to that splash pad every summer now! 
Tennis. 
This kid cannot get enough it. We spent most of our afternoon playing a little tennis. I wanted to get him on video but failed at taking one. It's kind of hard holding a racket in one hand, and a smartphone on the other. Noah was getting annoyed, and finally told me to put my phone away and concentrate on my swing! Ha ha, I felt like a teenager, and put it away. He made me realize that life isn't always about taking pictures. He said to me yesterday, "mom, you're only allowed to take one picture of me whenever we go somewhere okay? Just one."  Can I get at least two?? 
 I love that he isn't all about phones or video games, and that he actually wants to go outside, explore, and enjoy our time together without any distractions. I really need to work on that when it comes to my phone, and not feel the need to document every single detail of my day, and I think I'm getting better at it because as you can see there aren't too many photos on this blog post! 

Happy Friday, and hope your weekend is a good one! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment