REPLY

Monday, July 13, 2020

Vanderbilt Mansions: The Breakers In Newport!

On our way home from our trip to Nantucket we decided to take the kids to see the Vanderbilt mansions and walk along the cliff walk in Newport. The last time we came here was when we had all four kids and that was in 2013! Chelsea was nearly eight years and my oldest was a senior in high school! It doesn't seem that long ago, but looking at these photos from this post and the ones we took of the kids now is proof that time does fly! And fast! It was a beautiful sunny day and wish I could have spent the night on the lawn outside The Breakers mansion! I only took a few photos of the rooms that caught my eye and because I wanted to just re-read and re-learn everything about this mansion focused on just that and so did the kids. We love history and old mansions and this is a perfect place to come as a family. All the rooms were interesting to read about. Noah's favorite place was the piano room. Chelseas was the bedroom with the pink floral wallpaper. Mine was the library room and you can see a little snippet of that room here on my TikTok. And of course- Jon's was the kitchen that was filled with copper pots! More photos below!



Jon's dream kitchen.
Welcome to our home! Ha ha! Love the stairs! 

Being outside on the grounds of the mansion was just as refreshing and again wish I could just bring a blanket and sleep outside or on the balcony. Having the mansion so close to the beach must be nice!!! I love the view from the balcony of the mansion. We weren't allowed to go all the way out to the balcony for the fear of people crowding it but I took this shot from a ways and you can see the beach through the arch balcony! So breathtaking! 
For some reason the Marble House was closed and we were only able to see it from outside the gate but oh my goodness look at those hydrangeas!! The only reason I love hot summers in the east are because of those beautiful flowers! 
We also walked along the cliff afterward and I took a few photos of my favorite people! The cliff walk is so pretty! I forgot how beautiful it was. I feel the first I came here I took it for granted and didn't really get to take it all in. Then again I had a two year old that I kept chasing after who only wanted his mama! Now that I've been living here for a while I never take the beaches for granted! I love everything about the east coast. From flowers to beaches, and little islands that you can go for a short vacay!
Even though this teenager was a bit sassy it was the most beautiful day spent with my favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment