REPLY

Thursday, April 15, 2021

A Blossoming Neighborhood!

We are in our third week of spring and the blossoms and magnolias continue to hang on. We've been to a few places in Jersey where they continue to blossom. We have flowering trees in the front of our house and all over our neighborhood. We have gone on walks and Noah has jumped and pulled off magnolias from the hanging branches. I do love our neighborhood walks and now that the weather is getting warmer hope to go on more of them. We don't have a backyard so we venture outside a lot. Although Noah enjoys being outdoors he can also be a homebody at times and on some days I've had to make him go outside. Luckily he's agreeable and listens to me and eventually goes outside with us. He's learning quick that even though he's getting older and his generation today consists of video games and technology that he can't always sit behind the screen. He knows all about balance and limits and when enough is enough. I taught him that. So glad I'm one of those archaic moms who likes to get outside, play boardgames, do sports, go on walks, enjoys to read from a book, writes letters, and still watches dvd's so that he can continue to learn that the world doesn't revolve around technology. Well, it actually does but it doesn't have to revolve us. So, as a mother, I am grateful to be old-school and that my mom taught me how to be creative when I was "bored" and couldn't afford to travel and buy boardgames. Here's to spring and hope that these blooms will last longer than a month! 


No comments:

Post a Comment