REPLY

Friday, April 30, 2021

A Lovely Walk In Society Hill, PA!



Our little adventures have become more sporadic these days and lately we have been venturing out to places away from our comfort zone because it's whats needed to snap me out of my funk and for the kids to relieve stress from being on zoom all day. We are so lucky to live close to some amazing states that include NYC, Pennsylvania, D.C. and Connecticut (New England area). Philly and New York are the two closest places to venture out on the daily or when time permits us and lately it has. The weather has been perfect for sometime now with a little scattered showers here and there but that doesn't prevent us from going out. I love these kids how they still like to get outside and simply...LIVE. 

Especially Noah. His generation requires all technology these days but the only time he's on technology all day is when he's on zoom. He's as old school as it gets. All my kids are. And I love it. A few things I wrote about Noah on my Instagram that made me think while taking this beautiful walk in Society Hill among these lovely tulips were...

"He doesn’t own a smartphone. We don’t even own a game system. Sure he has a retro arcade and loves Among Us & has a roblox account...on my iMac, but he hasn’t played on it for days. He loves reading and creating w/legos. Climbs on anything he can reach. He can play outside for hours until the street lights turn on. He will even drink out of a water hose. While on road trips there’s chatter and lots of singing words to music. He loves to have dance parties. And also loves not only picking on his sisters, but playing with them too!"

Such a beautiful boy with a creative mind who has so much to offer to the world. I hope he continues to stay archaic and go on sporadic walks in Philly and if he happens to ask me if he can play with his handheld arcade (which he does at times) that's fine too. After all, his generation today is all digital and all about technology and I don't want to take that away from him completely!



No comments:

Post a Comment