REPLY

Saturday, September 17, 2022

In Memory Of A.J....

Last Friday a student from Noah's school was killed in a biking accident and today he was laid to rest. It truly This memorial represents his memory and a reminder to me that biking accidents can occur at any time, any day to anyone. Particularly children. Our town has a lot of kids and this accident was literally less than a mile from my house. The location where he was hit is what I call deadman's curve because of how quick people try to beat the traffic to turn on this street. I personally no longer turn on this street because of that purpose. Then again the Peddie bridge is still closed off anyway so I can't even drive through it. That was a shortcut for me on my way home and it no longer is an option...for now. 

Ever since Noah brought flowers to lay them down on his little memorial the week has been pretty somber.   I've been focused more on my time with my kids talking to them and I mean really talking to them and less on social media. It's so nice when you truly look at what's around you that's "real" and to appreciate what's in front of you. I know life goes on and we will eventually adventure on at times but we will never forget this sweet boy or what happened here last Friday evening. RIP A.J. and know that our prayers are with your family and we know that you are looking down from above. 




No comments:

Post a Comment