REPLY

Friday, July 14, 2023

Hydrangea Season!

My love for hydrangeas never gets old and as I looked back through the archives of this blog there are so many photos, and written posts I shared about this flower. I first discovered them in North Carolina and when I moved to the east coast they are literally all over Jersey and New England! I love them and summer is the season for them. New Jersey is certainly lovely and not boring because there are a lot of hidden gems around here. If you drive long enough and go rogue without googling "famous hydrangea spots" or "best shore place" you'll most likely find hidden gems on your own. 

Fair Haven is one of those sweet locations and a small coastal town which I have grown to love. I do admit I found out about this place when I sold a tote bag to a resident here and as were chatting via fb messenger her town sounded lovely so Jon and I decided to go for a drive and check it out. It was a Sunday afternoon, with zero kids and when we arrived we walked down Main Street where there were hydrangeas that decorated their shops. 

We stopped by a nearby lake and stared out into it before it started to rain. It was a beautiful and relaxing evening and got a glimpse of what our Sundays will be like when all of our children have left the nest. But that's still a ways away....and I'm not complaining. I love my kids and will always miss them when they're gone! Luckily Noah returns from camp tomorrow and Chelsea will still come home in between semesters once she starts college in the fall!  



No comments:

Post a Comment