REPLY

Sunday, July 16, 2023

Another Summer, Another Scout Camp.

 

Another scout camp has come and gone and I'm so glad Noah is home! After being gone for a whole week he always returns older and somewhat different and in a damn good way! I don't know why this one hit me so hard when he left a week ago. I have learned that as I get older each day is different. Every year is different; and we change. Every moment of every day counts. Which is why I take advantage of every waking moment with my family. Noah is my only boy and last kid and I see him changing and growing every single day. I see it and it pains me at times. This is the only thing I dislike about motherhood is the constant grief and how he's constantly changing. The fact that I'll never get those days back is a bit heartbreaking. And the fear of how much my heart will hurt once he's all grown up and left the house. But I have a long ways from that! It's bittersweet but at the same time it's interesting to watch him grow up and change. And I'm grateful that being in Boy Scouts is allowing him to do that. He is constantly learning and developing new skills. I love that he enjoys it and wants to learn more. That he always looks forward to the meetings, weekend camp outs and of course scout camp every summer. He makes me proud and Jon always gets excited when he has passed something that he's learned. Being an Eagle Scout is a big deal and Jon will always be grateful for earning his eagle; and our hope is that Noah will earn his before he's 18 too!  



So glad all our scouts home safe! 


No comments:

Post a Comment