REPLY

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Our 2012 fun summer bucket lists

There are about 20 plus days until summer and Chelsea has already made her little summer list. She had to type things to do that began with the letters S P R I N & G. I think she did a pretty good job considering. When she typed "green grass" she told me she wanted to type picnic, but since there is only one "P" in Spring she picked her favorite which is planting. She substituted green grass for picnic. Cute huh? I told her we could go golfing too. She laughed and agreed! She could have also typed s'mores for the letter "S" since we have been doing that more often. There was so much she wanted to add that there wasn't enough letters in the word "Spring". So here are the things she'd like to do:

  1. Fly a kite.
  2. Catch firefliesblow bubbles, and chalk our sidewalk
  3. plant a little garden in our backyard
  4. play frisbee & go on a boat ride at Central Park
  5. go for a hike
  6. BBQ and make s'mores in our little backyard twice a week
  7. go to the beach
  8. frequent the zoo & museums in Philly
  9. make crafts
  10. swim in our little waiting pool
  11. have a lot of picnics
  12. have a pajama party with her sisters
  13. eat lots of water ice
I always look forward to summer because life slows down. I'm not on a schedule, and life doesn't seem as hectic. Don't we all wish that would be the case all year round? Unfortunately it isn't but luckily we have two and half months to have fun, fun, fun, in the sun before reality hits us again in September.

After all the pondering and thinking of what we can do this summer I'd like to keep summer simple by just spending time with my family. After all...they make my summer complete! 

So I decided to make a summer list of my own. I think the Jorgy tribe will be pleased.
  1. frequent local libraries
  2. have a picnic and run free at Central Park
  3. go to the Bronx zoo again
  4. possibly attend the Hill Cumorah Pageant
  5. go fruit picking at our favorite orchard
  6. go to the beach
  7. go camping & star gazing
  8. attend the temple
  9. grill outdoors 
  10. bike riding
  11. play tennis
  12. play glow in the dark games with the kiddos
  13. go on nature walk
  14. attempt to go to a drive in theatre
I'm sure we can accomplish some of these things on our bucket lists. It's always nice to try something different each year, and travel to different areas.

    What is on your summer list? 
    Have you made one yet? 
    I hope so because before we know it school will be over, and then HELLO SUMMER!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment