REPLY

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

All you need is love


Add capti"A child fills  a special place in your heart...a place you never knew was empty."
You'd think that with 70 degree weather in November doesn't make one depressed, but in my case I have been feeling the blues lately. Partially because I have been worrying about my mother. Wondering where she is, and if she's completely content with her surroundings back in Texas. Truth is she has been trying to find a place to stay until there are vacancies in her old apartment complex. She has basically been homeless for the past few days. I finally heard from her yesterday and it looks like things are looking up. It's hard to know whether or not your loved ones are truly 'okay'. I know that I always need my friends in times like these, and it's sad when you are feeling down for the first time in a long time, and all the friends that you have in your local area seem 'too busy' to come for a visit. Don't get me wrong, I have made wonderful friends here for the past three and a half years, but sometimes they have their own worries and I tend to serve them instead of venting my own problems to them. I'm grateful for a wonderful home teacher who faithfully comes once a month to check up on us to share a wonderful spiritual message, and a wonderful family (mine) who is constantly on the look out for me, but most of all I am happy to hear that my mom is alive.

With that being written, it makes me extremely grateful for family!

My youngest daughter sensed that I was worrying about her abuela, and that I was in much need of a pick me up. I was talking with my Aunt Toni who lives in Louisiana that day, and she was telling me the nicest things about my mom. This woman LOVES my mom and will do anything for her!! She even offered my mother to stay with her, but my mom is too stubborn. I told her I wish she could have stayed with us in New Jersey, but she just missed a lot of things about Texas. My mom is one of the most stubborn people you'll ever know. She's old school, doesn't do well with change, and is easily overwhelmed when something to good to be true is happening to her. Like I said, she's stubborn, but very nice. Maybe someday she'll accept change.

I know that for some people the holidays can bring on a damper. Instead of celebrating Christmas, they are finding ways on how to start the new year...with contentment, or sadness. We do have a choice, and I choose contentment. I refuse to allow any emotional stress to ruin the holidays. This should be a happy time of the year, and we need to be strong not only for ourselves, but for our family and friends. I learned a long time ago to not let anything bring me down. We all have a different history of how our lives were when we were growing up, and how we choose to live it today. I made the choice to change many things when I got married, and had children. I'm still constantly working on being the best example I can be to my family, friends, and neighbors. My attitude and actions are a work in progress, and also a never-ending one.

I'm grateful for change.

I didn't grow up with a lot of affection, and neither did my mother. It makes me happy to know that I have proof that I have changed that in my family. Proof from my little girl writing the words I LOVE YOU MOMMY with a heart standing in for the word LOVE. Proof that I am raising my children with love and affection. I needed some love on that beautiful November sunny day, and it was received. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve it, but then I think of my childhood, and all the things I endured that makes me a survivor today. Looking at Chelsea's face when she was telling me to go outside and read what she wrote on the sidewalk, and then reading what she wrote made me feel that I do deserve it. Most of all I give thanks to my Heavenly Father who brought my children into my life, and put His trust in me to feel that I deserve them.
This truly made my day! Moments like this can happen at any given time in your life when that person up above knows when you need it the most! 

I love you more Chelsea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment