REPLY

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ocean City and Rehoboth Beach

Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.
 ~ Robert Henri
We've officially become the beach bums of 2011. We absolutely love the beach. Call us crazy but yesterday we decided to drive three hours to Ocean City, Maryland to check out the beach.  One thing about Jersey beaches is that you have to purchase beach tags in order to get on the beach. That is one thing I thought was crazy when we first moved up here. They certaintly don't charge to get on the beaches in Texas, Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Virginia, Oregon, California, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Cape Cod, Maryland and Delaware (we've obviously been to too many beaches!) New Jersey is the only state that I know of where you have to purchase beach tags in order to have fun! Oh well...it is what it is.

The three hour drive seemed like one. Ocean City is a beautiful beach. I was too relaxed this time. In other words...too tired. I've been entertaining my kids way too much this past week because my eldest is leaving for a week to attend EFY in Virginia. I decided to sit this one out, and just watch my family have fun while I enjoyed the sounds of the ocean, and take pictures.


 Noah was having fun yet again playing with the sand, and this time throwing it on his dad. I also had fun taking all these pictures, and was smiling the whole time.
You can just hear them laughing through these photos...they were having a GRAND time!
I LOVE, LOVE that this man...
LOVES THIS BOY!!
After spending two hours at the beach it began to pour, and I mean literally pour. We quickly grabbed all of our belongings and ran to the hotel to take shelter. The girls were a little disappointed and waited out the rain.
We made it up to them by driving to Rehoboth beach on our way home where we had dinner and did a little bit of shopping, and listened to a local band play some really great music.
It was a pretty good band. Noah sure seemed to enjoy himself. He was getting down to the music on his Dad's shoulders shaking and waving his hands up in the air. He was so cute!! Apparently they have a band playing every weekend with all kinds of entertainment. We really enjoyed it here. They have the cutest shops, and loved how friendly everyone was. We walked down Penny Lane Mall which reminded the girls of Diagon Alley from Harry Potter, and stopped here to take a quick picture.
This was indeed the most charming village I've ever been too. I love quaint beach towns like this where everyone is friendly, life is not rushed, and all you see are happy families joined together having a great time.  It was another great day spent with my loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment