REPLY

Saturday, September 7, 2013

NY moments at central park.

Don't you hate it sometimes when you are laying down at night or in the morning, and all of these thoughts start forming in your head but you are too tired to get up because of exhaustion due to overexerting yourself having fun with your family, and working on like four hours of sleep. 

Well, I had some awesome things to write, and I am going to do my best in remembering all that was left in my brain. And this word popped into my mind...

Family.
I love my family.

Since Jon still has "time off" from being unemployed we decided to go to New York City for one last official hurrah before the kids went back to school. We spent the entire day at Central Park, and pretty much covered the entire 843 acres of land. We have been wanting to walk around the entire park since forever, and we did just that. It's a good thing it's mapped with 16 restrooms because Noah constantly had to go potty (so did I.)

We love this city, and I was seriously telling Jon how nice it would be if he could find a job here, so that we could live somewhere where we didn't need a car. Can you imagine all the money we would save if we didn't have a car & insurance payment, let alone the money we'd have left if we didn't have to do repairs, or put gas in the car. That would also make up for finding a nice place to live here (I'll settle for Brooklyn too...another dream thought I suppose.)

I know one thing for sure we'd be in great shape with all the walking we'd be doing. I think hailing cabs, and taking the train would help too because you do have to walk to get to one.

Coming from a small town in Texas, and then venturing out to the bigger cities with freeways like Salt Lake City, San Antonio, Raleigh, and New Jersey really makes me appreciate all those areas in which I've lived. I'm not sure which one I'd prefer, but I know that there are times when it's so nice to get some adrenaline in the soul, and go to a place where no one cares who you are, and just kick back in a hustle and bustle kind of way.

Central Park sort of felt that way to me. The voices of hundreds of people surrounding the Cherry Hill Fountain, the Mall, and music from different instruments in Columbus circle didn't bother me one bit. So August Rush. This is one place where there is too much fun happening all at once. A place where you can find the perfect picnic spot at the sheep's meadow with your family to play tag, relax, and lay out into the not so fading sun. 
A place where you see darling couples getting their wedding pictures taken, and random people singing, and playing the guitar. Some of them were pretty good, and I hope that there was someone out there like a professional agent scouting them out. 
lovin the look that the groom is giving his bride.
Jon, and the kids went row boating around the lake while I stayed around to take a few pictures of my favorite magical park (including them.)
Lily pads inside the cherry hill fountain were picture worthy to take...
Belveder castle was the icing on the cake where I pretended I was being rescued by my prince. 
and I was.
Finding a Wafels and Dinges cart was a treat for us all. 
da bom was "da bomb!"
and just some other random New York moments...
standing in the center of the mall...the most photographed, and filmed spot in the park. Just got a flashback of the Happening!
I wish Sierra would have been with us to have experienced this adventure, but know that she is enjoying her time at the university

We will definitely be back to this inspiring city to have more fun filled New york moments.
Hope you're weekend is wonderful! 


**Other adventures we've had in New York can be viewed herehereherethe Christmas editions here, and here, and this one was extra special because of my mom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment