REPLY

Saturday, March 2, 2013

a belated b'day trip to new york city.

There are times when we've gone to NYC with a plan, and times when it's been spontaneous. This time we pretty much planned the whole day because it was a belated birthday gift for two of our girls whose birthdays were in the middle of January! 

We decided to spend most of our day in Soho doing a little bit of shopping, and exploring the stores on this side of the city.
First we went to one of my favorite stores which is Purl Soho. Lexie had never been inside, and I really wanted her to check out this store. She has a huge love for knitting, and crocheting. I personally am not too big on both, but pinning a lot of projects on my pinterest board gives me inspiration, and a desire to be more diligent when it comes to knitting. Lexie has become a pro at it, and she is my motivator.
She fell in love with all this fabulous yarn! There are so many varieties to choose from, and oh...just look at the colors!
We then ventured out to the Flat Iron district, and the girls finally got to pay attention to the flat iron building. We have driven past it so many times, but we've never walked towards it. 

Isn't it amazing!

Dinner. Where to go for dinner. Being that the trip to the city was a late, late birthday gift for the girls we treated them to Serendipity 3

Their favorite is always the dessert! If it was up to them they'd eat this first. 
Me...I'm sorry, but I wanted food! Give me chicken, with carbs, and I'll chow on it! 
and a coke to drink any day, 
and then I'll have dessert! 
While Jon, and Noah were out venturing Times Square I took the girls to see Mary Poppins. Their last performance will be on Sunday, and it looks like Aladdin will be taking over! 

We have been wanting to see this for the past three years, but never made the time for it. So grateful we finally saw it, and it was incredible!
There are times when I go to the city, and I feel free. Free by walking the streets of New York without doing any driving. The city is magically lit, and walking out of the theatre a quarter till 11:00pm felt like morning time to me. I could have stayed up all night, but life goes on and we headed back to 'Joisey'. 

I personally don't mind crowds, and the theatre district is one of our favorite places to hang out. We love broadway, and are very fortunate to be able to see a show every now and then. 

For their next birthday they want to see this show. It'll be very interesting to see how it's performed. I'm sure they won't be closing the curtain anytime soon, because it opens this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment