REPLY

Monday, March 22, 2021

Balloon Happiness On The First Day Of Spring!


For those who say New York city is dead is sadly mistaken. Especially this past week. It seems that the warm weather has brought many New Yorkers out. Even the tourists. I'm getting pretty good at spotting them and even though I don't live in the city I can spot them pretty good. Maybe it's because I consider myself one. It feels like the city is quickly coming back to life! I love it and still couldn't have imagined living here during quarantine. Jon and the kids say that most likely we would have been okay. Mostly because they enjoy being homebodies but then again I don't know. They love coming to the city too much but it might be different if we lived here. We'll never know. I commend those who stayed home all the way through those four months of complete loneliness and constantly hearing the sounds of sirens. Oh my heart, if I lived here 24/7 while all of that was happening I know that my life would have been life changing and hope that a lot of good would have come out of it. I can't say that I know how it felt because I live in Jersey and was able to drive and leave my house. It was rough but not as rough as New Yorkers had it so I am very proud of those who stayed and endured it all the way through and look at what they are earning. Our first day of spring was marvelous without any snow or rain. And it was glorious! So glorious that one part of the upper west side was filled with a balloon installation from Balloon Kings that wrapped around Amsterdam street. It was done in order to boom small businesses. It brought life and color and cheeriness to this part of the city and I am so happy to have stumbled upon it to capture it's beauty.

With my son...



No comments:

Post a Comment