REPLY

Monday, March 29, 2021

KAWS - WHAT PARTY

 

When I found out that tickets went on sale for the KAWS exhibit I immediately snagged some but had to wait three weeks to go. When the day finally came we were super excited. Noah is really picky when it comes to art and this one did not disappoint. KAWS has become his number one favorite artist and we literally could have been here all day. Noah was enthralled with all of his sculptures and paintings and even begged me to buy a boba feat sculpture but to no avail. They were all sold out. At least we left with some postcards and a couple of key chains. Nonetheless this exhibit was absolutely epic. The artist is originally from Jersey and is now based in Brooklyn. From what I read a lot of his characters are used to express human relationships, emotions, and states of mind. And his signature is a bunch of x's which I think is unique. There's also a lot of fragmented figurative and landscape imagery in his paintings. I captured a lot of shots of his work and they are sooooo freaking beautiful. Wish I could buy at least one painting and get a boba fett for Noah. Not sure I want to buy one for 400 bucks though! Here's a little 15 second video of some of his favorite figures.















No comments:

Post a Comment