REPLY

Thursday, July 14, 2022

One Year Living In Our "New" Home!

Summer has always been the time to move and since moving to the east nearly 14 years ago have always had a love for hydrangeas. They are like my "welcome home" flower. My zen. My solace. So overtime we have moved into a new place I have always bought hydrangeas to brighten and liven up our home. 

This month marks one year living in our "new" house and I'd be remiss if I didn't blog a little bit about the move especially since I write this for my posterity. We have a nice backyard. The only thing I hate doing is mowing it. Luckily Jon does that. I don't have a green thumb so those garden beds that came with the house are just going to be empty until the next tenants move in. That's right. I don't plant anything! Maybe I should start! We are still renting and I'm fine with that. I will never own a home in Jersey. But we are doing good here and will probably reside here for the next couple of years. Time will tell what's in store for us once Noah gets into high school which is two years from now! But for now we are enjoying our time in this home making it our own and the kids try to make the best of the backyard. In other words... actually going outside to play instead of being stuck inside playing Roblox. Summers are meant to be outdoors unless it's super hot but for the most part take out that slip and slide and just have some fun getting wet! 

I will also be forever be grateful for the missionaries who helped us move last year. I was recovering from surgery still and couldn't lift anything heavy. I was a mess and didn't care how I looked and luckily they didn't seem to care that I was just sitting around observing telling them what box goes into what room. 

And our neighbors! Oh our new neighbors! How lucky we are to have some pretty awesome ones. They came over to drop off a note and muffins. They were delicious and I already new that this was going to be a pretty cool place to live at. 
And the kids are happy for us to be here especially our two oldest who no longer live with us but will come home to visit when they can! 


No comments:

Post a Comment